I just want to make game art!
The Black Glove June - August 2014
"Guide the hands of fate as you unravel the surreal maze of The Equinox."
Day For Night Games, Unreal 4 Engine
Environment Artist (Independent Contractor)
· Created furniture assets in the period style and the Space Minotaur arcade machine around supplied artwork
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episodes 1 and 2 April 2013 – April 2014
“Explore the depths of Rapture through Booker and Liz’s eyes as you uncover the mysteries that lie beneath the waves.”
Irrational Games, Unreal 3 Engine
· Modeled and textured various game objects along with uniquely crafted terrain meshes for different levels, working to maintain the style and aesthetic of the art direction.
· Worked intimately with Level Builders and Leads to ensure quality and direction of both assets and terrain meshes and their purpose and presence within the spaces, responding quickly to changes in level or feedback.
· Fixed and proactively hunted bugs in terrain meshes and meshes within the level.
Aliens: Colonial Marines October 2011 – December 2012
“The plan was to investigate the disappearance of the Sulaco and her crew. Your mission now, survive.”
TimeGate Studios, Unreal 3 Engine
Environment Artist 1
· Populated, lit and optimized scenes and levels
· Modeled new assets as well as modified pre-existing pieces in addition to reviewing and modifying outsourced assets.
· Worked and communicated closely with Level Designers to maintain level flow and cover/combat pacing as well as establishing horror mood via lighting and set dressing.
· Duties included using GPAD for level optimization and performance for PS3 as well as animation and modeling support for animators
BioShock Infinite June 2012 – November 2012
“Blaze through the high flying world of Columbia and uncover the city's mysteries as you fight hand-in-hand with your companion Elizabeth.”
Irrational Games, Unreal 3 Engine
Environment Artist (Contract Modeler while employed by TimeGate)
· Created and maintained roads and surfaces with regard for player and AI character movement.
· Worked closely with Level Builders and Leads to ensure quality and direction of terrain pieces and their interaction within the level and worked intimately with my own team members.
· Scheduled, assigned and reviewed terrain team's pieces to ensure quality and performance within game.
· Fixed and proactively hunted bugs in terrain meshes and within level implementation
Star Wars : The Old Republic April 2010 – June 2011
“Make your own mark and rise to your destiny in this galactic war between the Republic and the Sith.”
BioWare Austin, Hero Engine
Environment Artist (Contract)
· Propping and lighting for interior spaces with respect to combat and player interaction
· Remodeled, adjusted UVs and reassigned textures for assets
· Terrain polish on different worlds, adapting to character and process of each environment
· Worked and communicated with small and large teams from various disciplines
· Optimization tasks, establishing new cube maps, and bug fixes
The Guildhall at SMU August 2008 – March 2010
Pursuing a Masters of Interactive Technology in Digital Game Development
University of Houston August 2003 – May 2008
BFA in Studio Arts, Major focus on Traditional Painting
Summa Cum Laude
Adobe Photoshop CS5
3D Studio Max 2014
Unreal Editor 3
Hero Blade Editor